Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Reflection on Human Rights Celebration Day

image

“Tomorrow is Human Rights Day”! I thought to myself as my classmates and I got ready for our assembly.

We were fortunate enough to perform a skit about a girl named Asra who did not get her rights. Asra, who lived in a village, belonged to a poor family. She had an elder brother and younger sister. Asra’s father, a labourer, somehow managed to send only her brother to school. The reason Asra could not go to school was her poverty and the fact that she was a girl. So, whatever she did was to look after her younger sister. Every day she would see lady lawyers walking past her house and would dream of becoming one. But, that was not possible as she was not allowed to go to school.

 

clip_image002

The skit depicts a real life situation and conveys the message that there are many children in India who face a similar scenario .Through this skit; we tried to create awareness about Child rights – The right to survival, protection, development and participation. Followed by it was an oath, to make a difference in someone’s life whose basic rights are not met with. It was a great learning experience for me and my classmates as this initiative brought out a great difference in our lives as well.

Siddharth Diwan IV B

No comments:

Post a Comment