Friday, July 25, 2014

Life cycle of a plant

A simple seed,                                                                                          
Pure with life,
As it starts to germinate,
It starts its life.

 
A baby plant,
Starting to grow,
Photosynthesis is now happening,
Thanks to the roots, it grows.

 
A teen it is,
From head to toe,
A flower blooms,
To see the show.

 
The insects take my pollen grains,
And travel with my friend,
And it shouts her name,
“I’ll help you today to grow strong and right.

 
My ovary starts a fruit inside,
I grow weak and old and weird inside,
My petals wither beautiful not,
My fruit falls and smash it drops.

 
A seed pop out,
Of the fruit in time,
My life can move on,
To either side.

 
It starts to grow,
My eyes fill with gleam,
And how my day has come,
To fall asleep forever seem.

 
And since my life,
Been a sight to see,
In heaven’s grasp,
My memories shall last to be.

 
By Shreya Gadiraju
Grade V K

No comments:

Post a Comment