Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Class Talk: Need of Government

Reflection by Ratnam - VB
In preparation for our summative assessment on Governments we, the students of VB, had a class talk on “Why is the Government needed?” on the 2nd.  we presented our ideas about the Government and gave some examples in support of the topic. We heard our classmates dish out different ideas on why the Government is needed. Some of our ideas were facts and some of them, opinions. I thought all of the ideas were valid and that the Government is an important part in our daily lives. Even those of our classmates who are usually quiet spoke about the topic confidently. I am surprised! I never thought this would bring up such enthusiasm. I think much of this is because of the interest our teacher sparked in us about the topic. I think us youngsters will become smart citizens of the future.
Reflection by Marthand Krishna-  VB
Though, initially I was feeling nervous to talk to everyone, but then slowly I overcame my fear and spoke confidently.
I spoke about the need of government – its duties, its promises, etc. I went on to express myself clearly stressing that the citizens must be benefited by the government. A government is a system – of the people, by the people, for the people. So finally I concluded on my debate that Government is needed or the above points will not be worked properly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment